HOW TO MAKE: Caprese
In this video Lara shows how to make the simple but typical Italian dish: Caprese. It’s a must try for everyone and it really belongs to one of the most authentic dishes of Italy. Enjoy watching!
Ingredients (4 people):
- 4 tomatoes
- 200 grams mozzarella
- a few drops of olive oil
- a few drops of balsamic
- some asil leaves (I’m sorry I say basilicum in the video)
- First you’ll need to slice the tomatoes. I prefer thin slices, but it’s totally up to you on how you like your tomatoes.
- Then you should continue this with the mozzarella, same here you can choose how thin or thick you slice up the mozzarella. Make sure you’ve got about as much slices of tomatoes as mozzarella.
- The next step is to put the slices alternately on a plate, so lay them next to each other: tomato, mozzarella, tomato, mozzarella, tomato, etc… Continue doing this until your plate is filled up.
- Add the basil leaves on top of the slices.
- Sprinkle about the same amount of olive oil as balsamic on the plate
- Tadaaa! Your Italian dish is finished!