In this video the Italian cooks, Lara and Merel, show you how to make, the most famous Italian dessert, tiramisu! Hopefully the tiramisu cheers you up, as it is meant to do.
- tira = imperative of tirare “pull”
- mi = me
- su = up, over, onto
Enjoy the video! Leave a comment down below if you made the tiramisu, we would love to hear your opinion. Always keep in mind: #treatyo’self
- 500 g of mascarpone
- 4 packs of ladyfingers
- 5 egg yolks and 4 egg whites
- a little bit sugar, up to you how much you add in
- cocoa powder
- 3 table spoons Amaretto (optional)
- very strong coffee
- Dip the ladyfingers in the mixture of Amaretto and coffee and place them in your prepared tin.
- Add 5 table spoons of sugar to the egg whites and the egg yolks (in separate bowls). Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks and whisk the egg yolks.
- Add the mascarpone to the egg yolk mixture and whisk until there are no lumps left.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture with mascarpone, be careful and try to keep the mixture light and airy.
- Spread the first layer in your prepared tin.
- Repeat and build up the second layer.
- Put the tin in the refrigerator for at least three hours, it is best overnight.
- When you serve the tiramisu to your guests, sprinkle the cocoa powder over top.