In this video Merel shows you how to make the typical Italian dish, similar to pizza, named focaccia! She makes the simple ‘focaccia al rosmarino’ which is seasoned with olive oil, sea salt and a lot of rosemary. Serve it with some good quality olive oil, salted butter, pesto or another dip.
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 10 g of active dry yeast
- one cup of warm water
- dried Italian herbs/rosemary
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- normal salt
- fresh or dried rosemary/Italian herbs
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Add the active dry yeast to the warm water and let it foam up for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Combine all the ingredients in one bowl and knead it through for 10 minutes or use a mixer with a hook attachment.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put it somewhere warm to let it rise.
- After one hour or when the dough has doubled in size, put it on a baking sheet.
- Let the dough rise again for an hour or bake it for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Make sure you drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle some sea salt before you put it in the oven.
- When the focaccia turns golden brown, take it out of the oven and enjoy the delicious Italian flavours. Don’t burn your tongue!